Nina

La réalité des gens sous céto- expériences

Date de publication

Dernière réponse

Réponses

Vues

Contributeurs

À la une

Cette femme indique qu'après 6 ans et passée en ménopause elle a repris 5-6 kg malgré qu'elle ne change rien à son programme. La céto suivie est celle du coach américain, donc hyper hyper stricte..

Hey all 1f642.png:) I am 57 y.o., and I have been keto for 6 years now come February. All my health goals was reached after 9 months of keto, so I figured I should just keep on doing what I did those 9 months - and I have been! Then my body went into meno pause after 2 years on keto which I felt was ok. I had hot flashes, but no other severe symptoms. But as I ended the transition and became full meno paused (not hot flashes anymore and no urge for sex) I started gaining some weight. Not much - but in total over the last years, I have gained 4-5 kg/10-ish lbs. I eat and live the same - no apparent changes I can find to cause this except hormonal changes due to the meno pause? If I just continue on, will those meno pause kilos eventually come off again?

Discussion sur l'épuisement du glycogène

There is one confusion which keeps bothering me, like we have liver glycogen and muscle glycogen, normally we store around 100 gm in liver and approx 400 gm in muscle, depletion of liver glycogen is necessary condition for liver to start making ketones.

But muscle glycogen is reserved for muscles only, and cant be used for any other activity, and this muscle glycogen only gets used during high intensity exercises, but even if we deplete it, its get replenished as its the priority for body to have muscle glycogen all the time, like i read somewhere that even if someone does extreme workouts and don't eat much carbs, they still will have almost same level of muscle glycogen after sometime, and there is my confusion.

(1) If someone is on keto, and lets say he does extreme depletion workout, how body restore all this muscle glycogen if we are not eating much carbs ? what fuel source body is using to refuel muscle glycogen, i mean body can't break that much lean mass right to restore it ?

(2) how much time it takes for muscle glycogen to restore if someone is on keto and not eating much carbs even after their extreme workouts ?

Ps - Not saying someone should do these workouts on keto, just trying to understand how body works in this case.

Ma question:

I have seen this in a forum about liver glycogen depletion.. "I have been in ketosis for 3 years. I too wake at 3am. Here is why: 3am is when your liver regenerates. To do so, it needs glycogen. Once keto fat adapted, your liver no longer stores glycogen, so you body will not have enough glycogen for the liver to regenerate at 3am. If your liver cannot get the glycogen it needs, your adrenal glands will compensate by releasing adrenalin, which is why you are wide awake and ready for action, not exactly a state you want to be in at 3am." So I wonder when someone is fat-adapted this should not happen right, the liver should be able to cope- I am not sure how.. but would cope.. so if it doesn't means something is not working properly?

Un intervenant: Ummm.. interesting. I too am wide awake most days at 3am.

Un autre: My alarm is set for 4. So it's annoying!

Une autre: I’m curious as I notice that I am constantly awake at 3-4am

Un autre:  am quite interested in the people who are talking about being wide awake at 3 and 4 am. I tend to wake up at 4:30 and I need to will myself to slumber for a bit longer. And I agree it's tiring and annoying.

It definitely could if you are having a higher cortisol spike it is likely to result in higher morning glucose but the biggest culprit seems to be eating late.

Oddly enough, eating late can also help you sleep better.

Réponse du coach: it is an unfortunate side effect of chronically low glycogen. Those that toss and turn a lot in their sleep will often have a cortisol spike around this time.  Every movement of your body pulls a small amount of glucose out of circulation and eventually you bottom out and cortisol has to bump to raise it again.  This will wake you up. What is the solution? I don’t know for sure.

Mon intervention: Thank you so much not such a good news... I hoped that this WOE would help wrt this aspect- which is very disruptive if you have to work....would this "defect of the body to cope" also be linked to a strong Dawn effect? I heard that bad sleep would prevent true K-adaptation.

Sa réponse: It definitely could if you are having a higher cortisol spike it is likely to result in higher morning glucose but the biggest culprit seems to be eating late. Oddly enough, eating late can also help you sleep better.  How to resolve this while also making weight loss the best I can't say I have the answer unfortunately.

Mon retour: you nailed it.. if I eat too early I get an even higher hypoglycemia during the night then boom cortisol/and other adrenals cocktail... now for me this means something in terms of adaptation is not working or the very low carb (I never hit 20 total) will induce some kind of resistance. One should not have night hypos.. never have them during the day..if well adapted one should be able not to have swings... I take it as a good sign that I am not really fat adapted even after 2.5 years of k-woe...

Son retour sur l'hypoglycémie nocturne: We will still get night hypos and that is not necessarily a bad thing if you are on a ketogenic diet. You will not suffer the normal negatives of hypo and there is no dangers. It just means you wake up. You will never adapt well enough to not have hypos. You just won't notice them because you have ketones. Blood sugar gets low. Especially when you don't eat carbs. GNG runs constantly to try and maintain it but if you happen to move more all of a sudden and you are right in the brink, like most low carb dieters are, you will have a "hypo". You won't notice it because you have ketones. The body will just bump cortisol a bit and boom, more glucose. Hypos on a ketogenic diet are not the same as hypos on a SAD diet. Very different.

J'irai aussi dans ce sens. Dans ma période keto stricte (et ceto adaptée) la structure de mon sommeil était complètement différente. J'ai presque envie de dire, plus agité. En ce moment que je fais du n"importe quoi j'ai un sommeil de plomb. Par cotre je me réveille au top ! Madame 2000volts. Energie belle et bien présente. Batterie bien rechargée. Je n'ai pas calculé mes glucides mais probablement à plus de 50 actuellement.

Je m'achète une conduite très prochainement

• J'aime 1
  • Haha 1

Je dors mieux en modéré. Je fais mes 7 hr. En forme, mais l'esprit pas aussi claire qu'en stricte, très bien tout de même. Stricte 5 hr et l'esprit très très claire. Je sens que mon corps lui n'a pas assez de sommeil. 

• J'aime 1

Adaptation ou non?

@AudreyLaBelette cette femme est en cétogène version assez stricte. Elle est tout le temps dans les fenêtres magiques  (Gly à jeun 4 et cétones entre 2-5.4mmol/l à jeun). Elle fait du jeûne intermittent.. souvent mais pas en continu. Elle est chercheur en biochimie et donc a les capacités de lire les articles de rechercher- elle fait déjà tout ce qui est "recommandé"...

Et pourtant elle dit qu'elle grossit en jeûnant.. Elle se pose des questions

I've been low carb (keto) myself for the last 6 years, peppered with extreme calorie deficit unfortunately and eating disorders in between. I've been in recovery for the last 2 years and things works definitely very different so I could use some brainstorming.

The main issue I'm facing (and have soon an endocrinology appointment to get some data and address) is I'm constantly in ketosis, I ma...nage to stay stable on 4s glucose, and 2s ketones. i get as high as 5.4 ketones while fasting though I don't do it more than 16:8 on a daily basis, maybe a 36hour fast a month or so, by chance, and I still have fat during it.

Yet at times I manage to put on weight WHILE fasting.

With ketones on that level I am inclined to understand my insulin cannot be possibly that much out to put me in storage mode yet, so question is: would you have any suggestion about what exactly to look into and tests to ask to the endocrinologist?

TSH, T4 and Cortisol were measured in october (TSH 2.62, T4 13.4, serum cortisol 278 fasted AM)

I study biochemistry myself and am an academic researcher and I am honestly lost at this point cause every answer I find is something I already do so only reason I have bit the bullet was for them to test the world out of me to give me data

On lui demande êtes-vous sûre que ce poids est du gras (et pas de l'eau..)

i can only tell with impedence but I have 3 years of continuos data that with it confirm it's fat. I am almost 50% made of fat at the moment.

Semble que ce soit du gras..sur ces trois ans de mesure..

Modifié par Nina

Il faudrait savoir combien de lipides elle consomme chaque jour. Elle ne peut pas perdre en prenant trop de lipides...

Mon test de la méthode R P/E est concluant pour le moment. J'en dirai plus demain sur mon carnet.

De ce fait et étant donné que nous sommes tous différents, à nous de trouver quel mode de céto nous correspond.  C'est pas évident puisque les mêmes fenêtres apparaissent sur une majorité de sites et blogs. Or, on voit bien que ça ne marche pas de la même façon pour tout le monde.

Tu mesures combien @Nina?

il y a une heure, AudreyLaBelette a dit :

Il faudrait savoir combien de lipides elle consomme chaque jour. Elle ne peut pas perdre en prenant trop de lipides...

Mon test de la méthode R P/E est concluant pour le moment. J'en dirai plus demain sur mon carnet.

De ce fait et étant donné que nous sommes tous différents, à nous de trouver quel mode de céto nous correspond.  C'est pas évident puisque les mêmes fenêtres apparaissent sur une majorité de sites et blogs. Or, on voit bien que ça ne marche pas de la même façon pour tout le monde.

Tu mesures combien @Nina?

oui mais elle suit le dr B et ils sont très stricts.. je crois que le plus de gras c'est l'approche de la coach US 200gr /jour au moins...

je mesure 1.66cm.

Il y a 7 heures, Nina a dit :

200gr /jour au moins...

C'est beaucoup trop. Les 200gr c'est pour lancer le processus après, il faut diminuer pour que le corps puise dans les réserves...

Il y a 1 heure, AudreyLaBelette a dit :

C'est beaucoup trop. Les 200gr c'est pour lancer le processus après, il faut diminuer pour que le corps puise dans les réserves…

Bon la coach US elle est tjs à 400gr par jour  adaptée depuis 12 ans… En ce qui me concerne comme je suis toujours pas adaptée  je me disais que cela ne vaut pas pour moi..diminuer

Modifié par Nina
  • J'aime 1

C'est ce que j'ai fait sur les conseils de la nutri. J'étais un peu en dessous de 200gr mais elle m'a dit de diminuer pour que le corps puise dans les réserves. Et ça me semble logique. 

Elle ne m'a jamais parlé adaptation ni macros ni valeurs. Ça je pense que c'est réservé à la céto thérapeutique (cancer, épilepsie). 

• J'aime 1

Il y a 4 heures, AudreyLaBelette a dit :

C'est ce que j'ai fait sur les conseils de la nutri. J'étais un peu en dessous de 200gr mais elle m'a dit de diminuer pour que le corps puise dans les réserves. Et ça me semble logique. 

Elle ne m'a jamais parlé adaptation ni macros ni valeurs. Ça je pense que c'est réservé à la céto thérapeutique (cancer, épilepsie). 

Oui effectivement… les gens ont des visions différentes et on ne sait plus trop quoi penser… mon problème c'est que tes menus me paraissent difficiles à engloutir pour moi.. bon je vais voir.. et surtout probablement recommencer à mesurer et à peser et a mesurer G et C...

Il y a 5 heures, AudreyLaBelette a dit :

mais elle m'a dit de diminuer pour que le corps puise dans les réserves. Et ça me semble logique. 

Oui et Non (opinion perso). Si le corps n'a pas développer une facilité a puiser ds les gras corporels (Céto-adaptation). Le métabolisme pourrait ralentir. TOUT TOUT les régimes amaigrissant obligent le corps a puiser dans le gras faute d'apport suffisant. 

J'aurais tendance à jouer sur les quantités de temps en temps. Éviter que le corps s'habitue. 

• J'aime 1

D'accord avec toi Anne. Mais si rester à 200gr ne produit pas de changement alors il faut trouver une autre stratégie. Il faut essayer pour voir ce qui est le plus adapté à nous.

De toute façon, il faut bien restreindre l'apport calorique à un moment où un autre pour une perte de poids sinon rien ne bouge. Le tout étant de ne pas descendre trop bas cet apport pour ne pas ralentir le métabolisme. Il faut trouver l'équilibre. Rien de plus difficile.

• J'aime 1

Il suffit d’augmenter les dépenses . Pas besoin de diminuer l’apport calorique. 

il y a 18 minutes, Jeff a dit :

L'un ou l'autre, même effet.  

@AudreyLaBelette Une fois Céto-adapté..  tout à fais si l'on a besoin de perdre du poids. Et comme tu le dis, trouver son équilibre en évitant le piège du yoyo. 👍

• J'aime 1

Il y a 1 heure, Jeff a dit :

Quand c'est possible... Tout le monde ne peut malheureusement pas faire de sport, ou n'aime pas.

• J'aime 1

Participer à la discussion

Écris ton message maintenant et inscris-toi plus tard. Si tu as un compte, identifie-toi pour répondre avec ton profil.

Invité
Répondre

×   Vous avez collé du contenu avec mise en forme.   Supprimer la mise en forme

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   cliquer ici pour masquer la vidéo

×   Ton précèdent message a été restauré..   Vider l'éditeur

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Créer...